New: Maybelline Babylips Dr Rescue

Hi guys!

Welcome back to my blog! It’s been quite a while since I posted a review, so in order to make it up to you guys I’m going to be reviewing Maybelline’s new babylips collection: Babylips Dr Rescue. When Maybelline send me these I immediately fell in love with the pastel colors of the packaging.

From left to right:  Berry Soft, Pink Me Up, Coral Crave, Just Peachy and Too Cool.

On the back of the packaging it says that it’s for the temporary relief of pain associated with fever blisters and cold sores. Now, I am someone who gets sore lips during the winter time so this collection is like made for me! I must add that these lip balms have 0,5% menthol in them and have an expiration date. They all smell like cough drops and I don’t really mind the smell (I actually like them ALOT), but if you do then I would just stick with the original collection. On the back it also says to apply the lip balm to affected area’s not more than 3 to 4 times daily.

When I tried the lip balms out I figured that not all of them were good pigmented. But then again these lip balms were made to medicate.

From left to right: Too Cool, Coral Crave, Pink Me Up, Just Peachy and Berry Soft.

If you’d ask me which one of these lipbalms were my fave I would say Berry Soft and Just Peachy because these two colors suite me and because I like the pigmentation of these two. I actually really like these lip balms because they make my lips soft, hydrated and gives them a nice color even if they aren’t that pigmented.

These lipbalms aren’t released in Europe yet unfortunately, but if you’re going to the US this summer I would recommend you going to Target or Ulta to get them because they’re really good & I am obsessed with them! These lipbalms cost $3,94 each.

Thank you for checking out my blog. Let me know if you love this new babylips collection or not and also let me know what your fave color is!

XoXo Hatice

Advertisements

18 thoughts on “New: Maybelline Babylips Dr Rescue

1. itsabeautifulbeast says:

Berry Soft is my fav from the collection as well. I think the idea of pigment to a medicated balm is genius, why shouldn’t you still be able to feel beautiful when you’re sick or dealing with dry lips? Nice review!

2. girlmetblush says:

The baby lips have hit and miss for me. In the original line, the nude one (light purple tube) and the red one ( orange tube) were the only ones that worked for me. The rest I found a little chalky. Can’t wait to try these out! Great post!

• haticedogan says:

The ones I liked from the Original line were: hydrate, pink punch and peach kiss. I liked the pigment of the nude one and I’m someone who loves nude colors. If you were to buy one of these in the future…I’d recommend you buying just peachy 🙂

3. Anneleen says:

They sound amazing! I will definitely try the one for pain relief with cold sores!
    And how did you get Maybelline to contact you? That’s seriously so cool! I just started out, but I really hope to get contacted too! Do you have any tips on getting noticed by companies or something? You may always mail me for tips or something! And I’m following you! 😉

• haticedogan says:

What I would do is blog for 6 months straight so you have good statistics to show to the company. Because if you have like 3 views a day and 1 viewer, the chances are big they won’t work with you. Public relations only wants to work with people who have a big ‘public’. So when you blogged for 6 months and think you’re ready contact PR of your favorite company by sending them mails and asking them if they can put you in the press list. If they put you on the list..congrats! cause now you’ll be the first one to hear from new products and could ask for samples. If you have any questions just mail me 🙂

4. Danielle Courtney says:

I used the blue original baby lips and wasn’t mad on it, I felt like it was a poorer quality Vaseline on a stick and didn’t hydrate my lips very well. This new version seems really cool and I’m definitely try them out especially Pink Me Up it’s so cute xo

5. thoughtsfromjessica says:

These sound great, though I’m not sure I could only use it 3 times a day! I am constantly reapplying!!